View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
alaska gasser

Re: My daughter's '46 International P/U

Using the torch for the first time, Diana was knocking off old bolts from a loose bumper found at the wrecker. Diana plans to take an active part in the building of her truck

Diana enjoys documenting every bolt coming off of the truck, here is half....

and here is the other half. She even said we need to hire a photographer so one of us didn't have to stop to take pictures! She has taken over 110 pictures already! We will spare you every "documentation!" Just thought you'd enjoy the laugh!

D's first ride!

The stake pockets are mangled, so substitutes from a '48 Chevy box are being removed to be used.

Diana broke two drill bits and was devastated! She documented their demise! LOL.

Tearing apart the parts truck, with Diana's dog "Hunter" (don't ask!)

"What did I get myself into?" Good start for only being $150 in total project costs so far!

Cleaning the frame. The S10 in the back ground is the other parts truck.

The first mock up. Me thinks the nose may need to come down just a weee tad.

The frame needs to be stretched about 7".

Diana's truck came with only the right rear fender. It is in very poor shape so we began looking for two replacements. We located an individual near us that has four International trucks and one panel. He agreed to sell us the one pair of rear fenders he had and some other parts we needed. After trying to complete the transaction for many months we basically gave up. Recently we stopped by and tried one last time. SUCCESS!!! We were able to get the fenders.

The bed was standing on end against a tree and was frozen to the ground (as evidenced by the grass and dirt).

We were also missing the hood. A friend of ours agreed to sell us this one for a good price.

Let the straightening begin.

Our front fenders are not the best between being in an accident and the multiple spider webs of cracks. We picked this truck up for $100 and three aluminum rims. It donated the front end and running boards.

There are no cracks, just a few large dents and some rust.

Unfortunately, the wheel wells are larger than a pickups.

Mocking up with a very rough pattern from the p/u fenders. We'll probably close the openings up using the wheelwells from the p/u.

Starting to look like a truck again. The front cab mounts are in and the frame horns have been trimmed off to allow the front end to fit down where it belongs.

alaska gasser is offline   Reply With Quote