View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #107
ls60apache

Re: 1966 chevy truck engine swap to LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966chevy View Post

I added AC to the truck, so I removed the fresh air intake on each kick panel. I sealed to opening w/indents to accept speakers. I also created custom kick panels with speakers mounts up where the fresh air vents use to be, check out the PICS.

So, I didn't need the cowl vent any more. I was going to do it myself, but it was much easier to have someone else do it! I took it to a body shop where they made a jig to hold in place so it would not move while working on it. While it was secure, they slowly cut out the vents without warping the panel. Then they replaced it with another peace of metal tacking it in place. Then they fiber-glasses the underside of the panel and completed the body work on the top of the cowl. The cost was $125 including a trade of another cowl. An extra one I had purchased in case I messed up this one. Good Luck and thanks for commenting!
thanks for responding back! is the cowl sealed to keep water out of the wiper linkage area,or did u redirect drainage around the speakers in the stock location!! thanks again
ls60apache is offline   Reply With Quote