View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
Clifford69

Another blinker problem...

I have read through a ton of threads and I haven't happened upon one that describes my problem...

69 Chevy C10 with an American Autowire kit. I took the front end off to replace the transmission when I put it all back together I discovered this problem.

All of my blinkers work normally with the lights off except for the front passenger side blinker. When the lights are on the front blinker light doesn't come on at all, everything else works as normal.

On the 1157 bulb there is a long filament and a short filament. The way it should work is the short filament is the blinker and the long filament is for the parking lights - at least that's how it works on the drivers side. On the passenger side the long filament lights up with the blinker when the lights are off, but nothing works when the lights are on.

I have switched the leads with no change to the problem. I also ran a ground wire from the battery to the light socket with no change. Positive voltage are nearly identical between the drivers side and passenger side blinkers.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Clifford69 is offline   Reply With Quote