View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #341
Luv68's

Re: What did you do yo your truck today??

I need to take blame for not checking the truck over when I bought it. So far I replaced the thermostat ( old one had the center beaten out of it ), flushed the heater lines and at that point it was almost passed winter and forgot about it. Fast forward to this winter and first real cold snap, I remember that I have no heat, not to mention no a/c ( another story ). Well air would only blow out of the defrost vents, so I assumed ( first mistake ) that I had a defective blend door actuator. Well finally had enough one weekend and actually took things apart to check and found all of the control wiring was not connected to the heater controls and the dash was really broken up. So I decided to replace the dash ( change colors ) and look into the heat problem. When I removed the dash I found that all of the blend motors were disconnected and the heater box was cut up. I repaired the heater box today and still have a lot to do find out what else is missing. So I cannot blame the person I bought it from as I diddle around for a year before I tore into it. Live and learn.
Luv68's is offline   Reply With Quote