View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #106
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyRosiello View Post
Badass rig man. With everybody going super low with these truck (to each his own... and I still love these trucks low or high) its refreshing to see a guy with his truck riding high. Can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks! Unfortunately I did have to scrub my idea of lifting it (for now anyway). Ran into too many clearance issues, and the wheels and tires I have just didn't look right with that much lift. To get it to look/run right with a 2.5" lift I'd be looking at spending at least another $2k which is out of the question.

Ended up getting my front springs de-arched 2" and removing the 2" lift blocks above the rear axle.

Also finished up the wood bed. I don't have any pictures of the final product yet, but here's a sneak peak. The wood is red oak from Mar-K and was "stained" with an acid wash before being coated with 4 layers of urethane. I'm very happy with how it turned out!

The most recent project was fixing the obnoxious transmission fluid leaks. The transfer case had a leaky rear output shaft seal and the Th350/Np205 adaptor was leaking as well which required removing the transfer case. That's a job I never want to do again...That thing is heavy! Definitely investing in a transmission jack if it ever needs to come out again.
Attached Images

JMD is offline   Reply With Quote