Thread: wheel spacers?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 03:05 AM   #2
fredscarryall

Re: wheel spacers?

Wheel spacers are a good option. So you don’t have to get new rims with the right back spacing.Some people don’t like them. I have had wheel spacer on 4 different off road jeeps and 5 street driven trucks and never had an issue. I have used 1.25”to 3” spacers. The only thing is most tire store are not allowed to install them. So you just have to do it yourself. No big deal, they are a no brained to install. Just get them to 85lbs of torque and retighten them a few days later after its been driven. I didn’t use a torque wrench but I kinda have a feel for it. A few thing you need to know. one is they don’t make any under 1.25. Sometimes you can get 1” but they are hard to find especially with 14x1.5mm studs. Which get me to the next thing, the wheel spacer have to have 14x1.5 mm studs and you have to have a 87.1 mm or bigger center bore because of the hubs. But that on 2wd trucks. If it’s a 4x4, I not sure of the hub size. As far as if 1.5” is good. It just depend on your wheels and (fender lips on 2wd). to check if the spacing is good just go to Home Depot and get some 1/2 washer and stack them on two of your wheel studs and put the wheel back on. The front might be a little tricky because your studs might not be that long. Then turn the wheel lock to lock to make sure it clears the fenders at the bottom. If you go less then 1”. You will have to use a plate style spacer, but you will need longer studs. If you go under 1/2” you won’t need longer studs. Unless you studs are short.
Attached Images

fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote