View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 03:02 AM   #8
izzy_Britton

Re: 86 SWB Cream Puff

Its been a while since my last update. I have lost the pictures account so all the photos are GONE forever. I will have to take some more photos and host them elsewhere. I thought i would share some more recent info.

After the drop 2 years ago, almost nothing has happened with the truck.

Installed OEM aluminum 15x7 'rally' style wheels from a G10 van for lower control arm clearance, 216/60 tires up front and 235/70's in the rear. the truck is too low and bumps on everything taller than the Bots Dots, lower control arms are beat to hell and now need replacing.

July 2014 I installed a new mechanical fuel pump.
July 2014 Replaced radiator hoses.
Aug 2014 Installed 2nd batter tray out of a diesel. I have a 2nd battery under the hood but it is not wired. with the aid of jumper cables I am able to jump my own truck should the battery fail on me.

The rear main seal has sprung a leak and just like a dog it marks its spot everywhere we go. combo rear main seal and either rings or valve seals, it leaks about a quart each week. smokes like a chimney on start and WOT at freeway speeds. I am sure my flogging it didn't/doesn't help but the engine is quickly approaching replacement time.

Today I bought a 2003 Suburban, DUI roll-over from a tow yard for $500, it will donate its 5.3/4l60e, engine wire harness and ecm to the cream Puff. I dont expect i will be able to even start pulling this engine for a few weeks, in the mean time i will start rounding up conversion parts required.

This is a list of parts i think i will need for the conversion. This list is mostly for my own benefit.

87 Fuel tanks
87 fuel sending units
fuel pump from a 2003 up corvette
engine mount adapter plates
2010 camaro oem exhaust manifolds
Engine cooling fan (either water pump mounted like typical sbc or electric conversion)

I will add more to the list as i think more bout it. its late and my brain says good night!

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote