View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #69
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

One of the guys that went to INDE with us named Joe posted a vid from inside his car, and you can see me up ahead a few times. The camera car has a ~120 hp B6d engine and Federal 595 SS tires (260tw summer tires) and the same suspension setup I'm running. The other guy in the car giving pointers is Charlie, the guy who developed the suspension.

You can see me in front of Joe from 11:20 to about 22:30. This was shot on our first day on the track so we were still learning the lines. Another B6d car (blue) pops in with us at 18:00.

I'm back in view at 27:32-30:00.

My favorite part is 35:40 to 38:00. Joe lets me pass on the front stretch and then works to keep up with me through the infeild. This was shot on the second day so we had figured the track out and were really pushing the cars hard. There was a lot less of a head wind on the front stretch so speeds were 5 mph higher too. Our best times were only about .7 seconds apart- I had more grip due from the stickier track tires but he had a lot more power. His top speed on the straight was 10 mph faster than mine. In this part of the vid he has a passenger slowing him down a little so we're pretty even.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote