View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #26
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: Price of a paint job nowadays?

My color is not Candy...Although one would think that its not...Its a Factory Saab Color that I Doctored up some...I added Pearl in mine.What I did and What shade of pearl...Sorry But I have to keep that to myself....I chose this color because I never seen our trucks the same shade or effect....Some are close But I can spot them very easily The pearl changed the color ALOT....And another thing to add is...I sprayed Waterbourne base versus Solvent base....The colors are awesome and IMO brighter,deeper tone and just more rich in color.... Cost wise, I have roughly 4,500 or 5,000 in everything body and paint wise...Labor wise I have done this whole project myself....And I have roughly 600 to 700 hours in it..400 or so in body work and paint.......My guess would be around 10,000 to 12,000 to have one done RIGHT....But thats a guess. If I was going to quote a job like Sweet Pea to some one....Body and paint work only....It would take more to make me do it...Hope this helps...And the link is in my signature....from start to finish....Hope this helps you out some.....

Last edited by bad6772; 06-22-2009 at 05:38 PM.
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote