View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #24
harrij4

Re: 3-Time Blazer Owner, 1st Time 1st-Gen Buyer - Thoughts on Real World Prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 CO Blazer View Post

Outside of all of this, the true test is seeing what else is in the market at the same price point. How do you think it compares to Blazers in the $25k-$30k range?
This is of course the question. From what I've seen, monitoring the market for a few months and looking at examples that have sold, and having yet to truly inspect the vehicle in person, this truck matches up well against things that have sold in the $25k range, but comes up a little short in the $30k range. There seem to be a lot of "askers" around $30k, but not many sales happening at that price.

This specific truck has a lot of things that are important to me given that I actually want to drive the truck. The more modern power train, new AC, crossover steering, brake boostetc.... Will all be really great for driveability. Plus, those are NOT cheap upgrades. Layer on the fact that he has a soft top and hard top (lots of listings only have one, or have no top at all!), and that from some undercarriage shots the owner sent it looks like the body panels are all original (adds to the long-term value of the truck), and I think at about $26k it's a good buy.

But, we'll see. Thanks again to everyone who's weighed in here. If nothing else, it's good to know that there's a strong community out there for when I do finally get a truck, whether it's the one in question here or some other rig in the future.
harrij4 is offline   Reply With Quote