View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #28
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Re: most original 60-66 truck in existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Yes, I remember the red truck. It was VERY interesting, except the new paint and cheesy wheels. It's a good example of how unknowingly, somebody can wipe away rarity, history, and real value by "improving" it with a paint job. I actually don't know what is was like before, but my guess is it should have been left alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Another collector who likes low mile trucks sent me this awhile back. 5300 miles.
I think it sold for $21000 at auction. An incredible find, just too bad it had every conceivable accessory drilled into it. OOF!
http://www.ohtm.org/gallery/2010AutoAuction?page=5
oem4me, nice idea for a thread. But, since you're a new member let me point out that "truck bashing" here is frowned upon. It's just not what this site's all about. If you see something that's not "your taste" just move on. It's very possible that a member here owns one of those trucks. I would guess if it were you, some of those comments wouldn't be appreciated.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote