View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Burb Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Kevin are you keeping the barn doors or switching to the tailgate? If you decide to do something similar to mine as far as the tail lights, let me know, I have a few ideas that might save you some time. Also, I know they make a passenger side 3rd door rocker. It looks pretty symmetrical, I wonder if it would have worked with less modifications.....I know, I know, it's a little late now........
Yes I am keeping the barn doors but I will do some form of a truck tailgate that will split when the doors open. I like how yours turned out but I think I will use the stock skin off a gate so I get the upper indention as well as the Chevy script. Yes I know of the 3rd door rocker but if you remember the rear and front upward slopes are different widths and the front section has a small dog leg that lets the front edge of the door tuck in when it is opened. I will only have 2-4hrs into this rocker and it will look dead on stock down to the over lap and spot welds on the B-post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
Awesome.

I think my next build will probably be a Burb for pulling, but I think I'm going to go with a diesel engine of some sorts. Don't think I'll go to the extreme effort that you are by making a 4th door......just don't have the time (or probably the skill) to tackle something like that.
I have the 5.3 sitting just collection dust but down the road I would love a 12V Cummins!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 09-10-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote