View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 07:04 PM   #564
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72K5CSTDarkOlive View Post
More unexpected issues coming up. I bought the rear brake line that runs alongside the frame rail from Inline tube about 3 years ago. The threads from the flare nut (towards rear) somehow got damaged along the way.

I was bleeding my brakes and a drop would seep out every minute or so.

Pilkington is the only way to go .

I made a couple attempts to fix it, but still no dice.. I couldn't get a good enough double flare to keep a good seal. The flaring tool I have works well for Steel lines, but stainless is much harder.

Luckily, here in town we have a big industrial hose shop. Took my line down there for them to do it. Took about 10 minutes 20 bucks. Went home and put the line back in and filled the MC.

I have an appointment tomorrow to have my windshield put in. The place I'm taking to is less than 2 miles away and I'll have to drive it there. So hopefully my brakes work. They were the only place that could order a Pilkington brand. I must of called a dozen places including online and no one could get one. The reason I wanted Pilkington is after talking with Wes from Classic Heart Beat he had the most success with them compared to others.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote