View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:52 PM   #60
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: The Definitive 67-72 Seat Swap Guide Thread ....

These are the 98 Silverado 40/20/40 seats I'm using in my 69 K20.

Here are a couple pics of the brackets I am using to mount the seats. My intent was to reinforce the floor to some extent due to the fact that these seats have the integrated seat belts. The mounting holes on these seats do not match the existing holes so what I did was add these plates to the top of the floor and then I have also made three plates that go under the floor.

There is a section of C channel welded to the front bracket that the middle seat attaches to.

Underneath the truck I have this plate that is in the raised area below the front bracket.

Then I have two additional plates that both go perpendicular to this plate. One is about 5" wide and connects the front seat bracket to the rear seat bracket nearest to the transmission. Then I have a plate that is about 1 1/2" wide that connects the front seat bracket to the rear seat bracket nearest to the door. My intent is that with these brackets tied together from the bottom of the floor to the top of the floor, I have reinforced the floor where the seats bolt in.

Here are the brackets I am using under the floor to attempt to reinforce the floor - they tie into the brackets above the floor.

You can hardly tell I have brackets under the carpet and insulation to assist with mounting these seats.

Definitely a tighter fit. Here are a couple pics I took with me in the seat. I'm just under 6' - some one taller than that or with long legs will want to really give some thought to whether to change to this style of seat.

I wish the seats could recline a bit more but they are just too big to move forward enough to allow that to happen.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote