View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #1
Rob C

1946? Chevy 2 ton?

Hi folks...I'm in need of more advice..lol.. I recently purchased this beauty for 800 bucks..running and driving So, I'm told it is a 1946...I have no idea how to tell. The tag that was on the cowl is removed and I see no marks on the frame..I understand there was no such thing as a vin # in 46? and they went off the engine block? All I know Is it has that exterior frame support plate on it, that maybe makes it a 2 ton? or 1.5? Its absolutley awesome that it runs n moves..lol..cant wait to get started..The title I have for it is a 53 btw...wrong but a clean title none the less..wish I knew more about it..the ppl I bought from have no idea as well..said it was a farm truck.They old owners ( who knows how long ago) before the ones I bought it from, had coated it in whatever paint was laying around (thankfully) Its got some rust , but the frame is mint and most of the cab is great..just door rot mainly..
Anyone have a hookup on doors, glovebox door, non widowmaker rims, instrument cluster, heater ect...lol...I need alot of parts, just need to know what year I'm working with. It has a hi/low rear btw..
Thx in advance folks...I'm stoked to get started!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Rob C; 11-26-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: pics
Rob C is offline   Reply With Quote