Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #20
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Got some more work done on Saturday night fitting the notches in the rear. Boy these things were a PITA to get in. A lot of grinding, cutting, hammering, drilling and fitting to get them in correct. I'd rather have them fit extra snug than extra loose though, this is a structure part so I really appreciate Porterbuilt making the fitment threshold to finite. I haven't cut the excess out yet because both batteries died drilling out the holes and I want to have all the bolts in before I make my first cut.

Motor comes in today or tomorrow, need to call the delivery company to figure that out. Won't be doing much if anything to the motor before I put it in because I want to ensure it's running correctly before I start throwing a bunch of speed parts at it. I will be changing out the oil pan and pickup tube though to allow it to lay out. More on that later.

Those of you without lifts, how are you moving the cab around? Even without the doors on this thing is effin HEAVY! I tried putting two 1" steel tubes though the door ways and have four guys, one on each corner, grab their end of the pole and lift it but it was far to sketchy to walk anywehere I saw one guy put a 4x4 on an engine hoist to make a "cab hoist". Anyone try that before? No cracking of the wood?

Front end didn't get the final touches I want to do to it due to how much time fitting the notches took but there's always another day. More later this week.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote