View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 06:10 PM   #5
LEEVON

Re: 2018 Silverado Crew Cab Z71

Tackled the audio upgrade. This is a factory integrated kit made by Kicker, also sold as a GM part. It includes wiring, sub, and digital signal processor all plug-and-play. The sub enclosure is under the passenger rear seat. The reviews in a long thread on www.gm-trucks.com were overall positive. I like retaining the factory components. The install was kind of a pain. Basically, you route power wiring from the battery, through the firewall. And wiring from the factory radio module to the kick panel area. And wiring from the sub up to the kick panel area. All of the connectors are provided. The painful part was accessing the firewall grommet which is behind the fuse panel. I had a helper who worked on that while I installed the rest. He ended up removing the fuse panel to get a clear shot through the grommet and make connections.

The verdict? Much better than factory, or factory Bose. It hits pretty hard for a single 10" and the range is increased throughout the factory speakers. It has little to no distortion. I'm not really an audiophile but IMO this thing really jams now. Just exactly what I was hoping for. These are stock photos from Kicker.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 07-17-2018 at 06:25 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote