View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #35
RKO

Re: 60-66 GMC or Chevy, grey interior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
On something like that its hard to say. Many of the fire trucks I've seen were complete repaints and still very low miles while others , and most, had original fawn interiors. The factory ordered vehicles could come with different SPECIAL paint colors for the exterior , theres a whole list of different colors other than standard. Never heard of them doing interiors that way from the factory but thats not to say it didn't happen , possibly being a government program? , just seems odd to me. Im reading exactly what your saying but I think if you crawled around in that truck you just might find the fawn color , under the firewall mat or something , possibly red over spray on a part. Most of our conversation here is about 10-30 series and fire trucks or C40-C80 I would think were on a different assembly line , thats something else to investigate.
Does anyone know if the larger trucks were built on the same assembly line as the smaller trucks ?
One of the trucks a farmer has and usess it as a service truck. When this topic started i looked it over good and could not see the fawn color anyplace or any overspray. So that is why i asked. If it was repainted they did an perfect job. I looked under the floor mat behind radio delete plate behind dash and rubber parts and it was red. Almost started to scrape the red paint to look for fawn paint. But its not my truck and he is picky with his stuff. I have an 53 state dump truck and you can see its been painted inside several times.

I wounder if some of these trucks guys think are not fawn color have been wrecked and they repainted the interior and the paint did not match. My grandad had a 66 that was wrecked and they repainted the whole truck and the interior never matched the other 66 he had???
Along with dealing with 50 plus year old paint and trucks that have been repainted with what kind of paint on top anything could happen. There could be some special painted trucks
RKO is offline   Reply With Quote