View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

OK... so PLANS?!?!?

For about 6 months, plans were ALL I had.
I am not going to go all out modern like on the Burb. I am going to keep it simple. It will have it's modern features, but I like how simple the Blazer platform is, I don't wanna mess it up with a ton of electronic devices.

Paint: Red? This will change a lot. If I stick with the '72 clip, it will be a paint scheme resembling my 70 Burb, if I go '68 clip, it will look like the image below.
Engine: It will keep what it has for a while, but I am a sucker for fuel injection. Could an LS be in it's future?
Suspension: Static drop (however Sam is a HUGE fan of airbags. He asked me how the trucks can sit on the ground and when I told him about how airbags work, he "claims" his will have airbags
Interior: I am leaning towards seats with 3 pt. shoulder harnesses for safety. Possibly newer Chrysler Sebring Seats? I have '05 Suburban seats in my Burb and they would stick up too high in a 2wd Blazer. I may even opt for a modern 3rd row Burb seat for the back to have shoulder harnesses in the back as well.
Top: White Line-X with a houndstooth material sliding ragtop
Dash: I want these in a '67-72 tin. They aren't offered like this... yet. But I've got time.

And I may go with a cowl hood. But with a twist... a buddy of mine is a fabricator in NASCAR and I wanna design a "stinger" style functional airbox induction hood. But, so far I am hating every design I come up with.

My dad is trying to talk me into a Burb sibling...
(it's been the "Winter of the Rendering")

topless...

top on...

Or I've also considered a clip change -probably stay away from the white walls. I drive 'em too much
(thanks to babyblueoval for letting me hack up and re-render his rendering)

But, my main plan has always been red...

Red and white was my initial plan. (hence the nickname "The Red Sled") I am a huge fan of Dodge Viper Red, I had a RestoMod '72 Monte Carlo in that color and I grew to love it.

Sam, on the other hand has other plans: (yeah, we gotta work on the kids tastes)

and when the Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby came along, he decided Blue with Orange flames, with a red lightning bolt on the hood was a better plan. (and yeah ... my Burb got in on the Pinewood Derby action too)

But, in the meantime, things are rolling here... I scored a '68 front clip if I decide to do the conversion.

AND... I want to take the extra top and install a "sliding ragtop". Kills 2 birds with one stone. Fixes the sag, and it looks REALLY cool.

Hatch slides will be replaced with these shocks from Rock Auto: (the first NEW part I bought for it!)

and I picked up a set of front lowering springs/shocks...

I guess next, I need to get into progress (although there isnt much yet) But I am working on it!
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...

Last edited by jeffg1010; 09-15-2018 at 05:53 PM.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote