View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:17 PM   #402
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

I assume GM went with the bellcrank assembly to change the pedal ratio to one better suited to power brakes.

Yes you will have to remove the bolts attaching the pedal bracket to the firewall since my booster brackets use all of those attachment points just as GM designed it to be. This is a very important criteria that many people overlook or don't seem to care about. Automotive brakes is not a place to cut corners.

If you connect the pushrod to the original manual brake pushrod hole in your brake pedal arm, your brakes may be touchy. If so, just drill another hole in the brake pedal arm 1" lower and try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Hey John,
I have a few questions.
First, What is the reason GM used the longer bracket with the pivot or linkage?
Second, To use your bracket I will need to remove the bolts that go through the brake pedal assembly that go through the fire wall?
Third, How does the direct push rod to the brake pedal affect the braking or the feel when braking?

Thanks Scott
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote