View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #15
69SCSS

Re: 69 LWB Power Tour Rig

Update.

Did a nice mad thrash on the truck this weekend to try and get as much as I could done and clean up the garage, which was a pretty big disaster after last weekend's thrash to get the cab.

First, the cab wasn't bolted down, so tightened up the mounts, and realized the PO had put the bushings upside down on the bottom, meaning the narrow part was up. Shook my head and moved on. LOL!

Then I hooked up the steering box, and went to put the shaft on. Realized something was wrong so looked at the column inside and the whole thing was moved toward the driver and turned to the left... ??? There's a notch to align the column but I guess they couldn't find it? So I loosened up the bracket under the dash and the one at the firewall and snapped it into place. Was a good 1" off in both directions. hmmm. Looks like someone kinda just slapped it in and called it good, maybe in a hurry? Who knows. now my steering shaft fits! Wow. Slapped the steering wheel on there to see how it looks, and put the bench in. Finally sat in it, after 6 months.

Put the front clip on too, but just for now. It needs to be totally adjusted to fit, and I just wanted the space back for now. next stop is to install the drums in the back. Hopefully this week.

Have a line on 2 nice doors too. Hoping to pick those up sunday morning.
69SCSS is offline   Reply With Quote