View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #10
91V3500

Re: My new build thread. 1977 C10 shotry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADAZ chevy guy View Post
My friend Chris went with me and this is how it went.
Step 1. Replace the aluminum wheels with stock wheels and tires that would fit in between the fenders on the tow dolly.
Step 2. Pull the drive shaft so it wouldn't spin the transmission all the way home.
Step 3. Drive the truck onto the tow dolly.
Step 4. Realize that you can't DRIVE a truck with the drive shaft removed!
Step 5. PUSH the truck onto the tow dolly with a Kabota tractor.
Step 6. Start the long drive home.
Right out of the gate I broke one of the tie down straps on the tow dolly, and had to improvise a new one. First Left turn I discovered that the fender on the dolly was going to try to tear a hole in the truck fender. (Just a minor dent.)
Once we got home we just needed to back the truck off the tow dolly. (See step 4.)
Step 7. Go to Autozone and buy a new universal joint for the drive shaft because during the trip I lost some of the bearings out of one side cap.
Step 8. Go to Chris' house because I don't have a press to install a new universal joint.
Step 9. Install the drive shaft... in the dark... in the cold.
Step 10. Discover that all the transmission fluid has leaked out and now the truck won't go into reverse to back it off the tow dolly.
Step 11. Go back to Autozone to get transmission fluid.
Step 12. Make a funnel out of paper because the transmission funnel is missing.
Step 13. Curse myself for ever buying the truck in the first place.
Step 14. Back the truck off the tow dolly and park it in the car port.
Step 15. Apologize to Chris for getting him involved and promise to take him and his wife to dinner to make up for it.
LOL That's about how everything I have done to my truck has gone recently!
91V3500 is offline   Reply With Quote