View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #99
1Bad72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I only have experience with seeing individual event stops, as we haven't had our entry (Trans Am, not my truck) done at that time of year in the last few seasons. What I do know from previous runners is; your allowed a trailer, take it. Pack it like a boyscout, the faster you run the more crap you gotta lug around. The secret to winning a class is to get in early, make a clean pass in your time category, and get on with the trip..but it doesn't usually work that way, and it's why it's fun to watch

What motor is Ken building? I've met those guys a handful of times and rode in their El Camino before it was stolen.

Running 7's reliably at dragweek has been done but thats also deep into the bigger players, and honestly I can't imagine what it takes some of the sub 8 second cars to hold together on these trips. It seems like the 10 second classes (which used to feel so fast when the event started years ago) is a "practical" class these days, with the largest competitive fields being the 8.50-9.50 cars. 7's would mean like a 7.50 cert? Thats like 25.2/3 sfi cage territory.

Yes sir Ken is putting a 540 tt together for me. We were just discussing the el Camino lol. This one is a street truck but the next one will be street strip with a 540 tt on either c16 or methanol. Was just curious what to kind of expect from a dragweek as Ken and I are discussing that very thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
1Bad72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote