View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #314
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Found another junkyard with a gold mine truck hehe..... got a set of gmc custom emblems from the truck, then a week later went back and got a factory 65-67 am radio, a few knobs etc radio/speaker support mounting plate, stewart warner amp meter (not sure how to test to see if works)..... Also having to change the gear ratio in my axle to better suit the bbc 8.1 and Allison needing to drop the 3.73 gearing to make it happy from the 4.56. in the past got talked into a Detroit no spin diff when rebuilding my dana 60 not quite satisfied with it so started hunting for a power lock diff assembly lol. Awhile back I picked up a replacement axle since my original dana spindle surfaces are hammered due to a bearing welding it self in place :/ ..... Bought a 69 dana leaf spring axle from an ole boy for 100$...... Started hunting up power locks which are difficult to find..... well last night I spun the brake hubs on the 69 dana 60 thinking hmmm never pulled the cover to check what was in it lol and lo n behold a 3.54 gear set and power lock assembly in the axle lol. talk about a nice find two problems solved in one lol..... so no to find a dana/spicer 3.73 gear set and get it to the rebuild shop for a check out and refreshening....
On another note got curious and hooked up that old gmc am radio to power and a speaker set and by dammed the thing works!!!!
Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote