View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 10:28 PM   #61
Grandma’s 68

Re: Ammeter not working

I’ve been trying to figure out why my ammeter doesn’t work in my 68 c10. It’s had an engine/transmission swap in the past. I found a few smoking guns, only to find the ammeter still not working. For example completely missing 4A fuse. I hoped that would be the simple fix, but no luck. I traced the black wire from the junction box to bulkhead connection and wire was good. The b/w wire back to the fuse was also good. Paring back the insulating tape wrap to trace the b/w wire further, the wire just stopped about 4” from the fuse.

From the circuit diagram it’s supposed to connect to a red wire from the 12v junction box and 12v wire from the alternator. My alternator red wire does not seem to join the party at this location. I have not traced that red wire yet. The red wire arrangement at the junction box also does not match the circuit diagram. There seems to be a lot of red wires going to the starter. That stuff may be my next hurdle to overcome/ tidy up/ make look like the drawing.

My immediate question however is, what does the connection between these multiple red wires and the b/w wire look like? Is it some other type of junction box like the one near the battery? The two red wires near the fuse are currently just joined with aftermarket crimp butt connectors.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Grandma’s 68 is offline   Reply With Quote