View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #131
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Having experienced similar disappointment many times is why I take so many photos now. If digital photography and web forums like this one had not come along, I would have taken about 95% fewer pictures of the GMC. I have benefitted immensely from the photos and postings of others, it inspires me to return the favor when I can.

For anyone just starting a build, I highly recommend getting any affordable digital camera and take lots of photos, and most importantly – take a bunch when first purchased and before anything is touched. Too many times it turns out there are no “before” pictures at all, making it difficult for others to appreciate how much work and talent have been invested, or just to remember what it used to look like.
I lost a couple, very special photo albums in my divorce. I feel your pain.
I would like sometime to sit face to face with you and talk cars and trucks since we seem to have much in common.
Maybe I will get a chance to cross, "travel the perimiter of the U.S. in my hot rod" off my bucket list and drop in on you.
My crazy plan is to go to San Diego, travel north to Washington state, east to the U.P. of Michigan, down to Detroit and then up to Maine, down to florida and back across to Arizona. And all in a car or truck I built from the ground up.
All cool cars there friend... Now if I could just talk you into putting an old Iron Indian motor in that GMC of your's... wouldn't that be something??

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote