View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
RSR-R

The search for a classic pickup......... in Holland

Hello, I’m Ron, petrolhead from Holland. I’m driving classic Alfa Romeo’s for 25 Years now. About 2 years ago I spotted the (maybe known) 1969 GMC from the DFW Speedshop in Texas. Then it began. I did a study about: shortbed, sidestep, lugs, drop spindles, rear axle flips, c notch kits, shims, 350’s TH350, TH400, TH700(R) etc etc. I found a lot of info on this forum, thanks for that.

his year I made the decision, there must be a truck / pickup one day, together with the 1968 Alfa Romeo. Before, here in Holland, only a volkswagen up or toyota aygo is still affordable or it’s only allowed to cycle, I want to drive an icon V8 once. it has to be a V8 classic pickup. The search has started, and I am actively trying to find a classic pickup You will understand that the choice in Holland with regard to classic pickups is fairly limited. A search is therefore also made for me in the United States.

The intention is to have the pickup in the Netherlands built entirely to my wishes. I would like a 1967 - 1972 GMC shortbed sidestep. A Chevrolet C10 shortbed sidestep is also great. I understand that the whole world wants a shortbed sidestep, so a fleetside shortbed is also a serious option. It must be a short bed, otherwise it won't fit in my garage. I want it in the garage, it feels like it rains here 300 days a year. The pickup must be protected completely against rust. It is a habit here to throw tons of salt on the road in the winter to prevent slippery conditions. And I want to use the pickup on a daily base throughout the year.

Until I have found a good project basis, I will read a lot of information and gather information here on the forum. I am open to tips and tricks and will certainly ask for feedback here when a project is started

In February I will be able to drive 2 potential pickups in Holland, 1 custom 1956 3100 and 1 standard 1969 C-10, both shortbed and sidestep. Keep you updated !

Ron