View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #115
Duncan K

Re: 66 GMC Long to Short LS Swap

Well I ordered all the patch panels to start working on the drivers side floor, pillar, kick panel, fire wall. After waiting three and a half weeks they finally show up and the floor pan is wrong, so back it goes and I'm waiting again. In the mean time I finished up the last piece on the back of the cab.

The area above the windshield where the seal sits is rotten on my cab. I've been searching for good deal on a cab to cut up and use to repair that area. Finally found one suitable for the repair, ended up getting a set of fenders as well. My fenders were beyond repair. Didn't really want to use repop's so I was happy to find this set. Small patch panels on the bottom and they will be good to go.

I've never been a fan of the GMC gauges, and since the donor cab is a chevy I decided to swap dashes. This will let me use the Dakota Digital set up. Got the GMC dash removed, will be able to take care of some rust that would have been impossible to get to with the dash in.

My cab hasn't been in good enough shape to move since I installed the LS into the chassis so I haven't been able to check that the cab fit. I dropped the donor cab on the chassis to save space in the shop. Motor has tons of clearance to the firewall, probably 2 1/2 inches plus. I think it looks kinda funny, would look better tucked back into the firewall a bit more. What do you guys think?