View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Re: '72 Chevy SWB, Project Driver

Then it was time for brakes and a new windshield.............both turned out to be a huge deal for how simple they sound. First when I took the windshield out, half of the windshield frame came with it. I posted how to fix the windshield frame along with the drip rail rust. The general consensus was to get a new roof or a new cab

I was a little down about the windshield frame due to wanting this truck to be a driver, but continued work on the brakes. The front brakes were kind of working so I went after the rear with new wheel cylinders and rear end lines. Thank you whoever did this picture write-up! http://www.pbase.com/nufsed/drumbrake
After completing the install on the rear brakes, I drug my wife to the garage to help bleed the brakes. Still nothing to the rear.... fronts bleed good though. Next day i found all of the brake fluid in the cab from the "good" master cylinder the PO gave me. New master cylinder installed, still nothing to the rear, WTF. So I cracked a line on the frame, found fluid there, but not at the rear wheels. So I pulled the rear brake hose to find it plugged solid. New hose and all was well, better brakes than my 2000 Silverado!

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote