View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
rickpilgrim

Re: 350 Oldsmobile in 92 K2500.......

First- Speedway sells a nice adapter plate that mates a Chevy engine to a.
BOPC Trans or a BOPC engine to a Chevy trans for less than $50 so trans is not an issue. I have one in my Buick 455/4L80E powered 96C3500 dually and it works just fine.
Second- no emissions inspection here and the federal law is either ignored or unknown up here. The C3500 mentioned above is a DOT inspected vehicLe and the only comment the DOT guys say is “that’s a big motor you have in there” and yes it has a 14x4 open element air filter.
If $3200 sounds like a lot consider this. That’s with forged 9/1 pistons, debuted and weight balanced rods with floating pins and arp bolts, torque plate bored and honed cylinders,decked and align honed crank saddles, cut,polished and hardened crank journals. Cleaned and honed oil passages in the block and fully balanced and blueprinted. New cam bearings and choice of cam, choice of either arp bolts or main studs, blueprinted oil pump and new oil pan assembled short block.
Robbie will not use GM heads, he uses Engine Quest replacements saying they have thicker decks that don’t crack and are drilled for both vortec or gen 1 sbc intake. New pushrods and screw in studs with guide plates included fully assembled and dyno tested and painted your color with a 3yr 100k warranty and that’s the only way he builds a work truck engine. That’s around $3200 and takes about 2 weeks.
I’m still running the Chevy 350 ecm and tbi system on the 350 olds. It’s $55 for the tbi to Performer intake and $139 for the olds shorty headers.i still have the plates and mounts for olds to Chevy from another truck and if I want to spend another $370 I can use the Chevy serpentine belt system.
I know Olds Motors well, the ones I’ve had have gone over 200K mi and that’s one of my motivations for trying this
rickpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote