View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #13
Cdubvw

Re: New suburban owner

So I managed to fix my belt mess today! I searched around and found an alternator mount for a long water pump with no accessory mounting holes in my heads. I got the kit from ict billet and it worked out great. The only disappointment was they were no help in determining the belt size to use so I had to figure that out, but it worked out. I had to extend the alternator harness to mount it in the passenger side also. Took it for a spin and it doesn't squeel anymore! After installing I noticed the alternator was charging at close to 16v so I replaced the regulator with a vr715 and all is well now. I started working on cleaning the interior mats up but came to the conclusion I need to pull the seats because it is so filthy. Starting to think about suspension next. I would really like to be able to tow still so thinking of bags in the rear but I'm having a tough time deciding. I have had several very low daily drivers and am not sure I want to go that route with this one. The work continues
Attached Images

Cdubvw is offline   Reply With Quote