1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKISH View Post
Very Very nice!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
I agree the headers look fun...bumper fitting...more like work. Nice job on getting it there, most folks won't comprehend the time spent getting bumper in right place.
We do though, appreciate the updates.
Thanks! Yeah, and to make it more fun I was solo during all those trials. There were a couple times an extra hand would have come in handy to tighten a clamp! lol

And the chassis is so straight and square, it's pointing out other body alignment issues, like a low front corner on the passenger fender, and a rocker/door alignment on the passenger door that was there when I bought it, since I haven't touched the door alignment, but now shows up. Oh this will be fun on final assembly with pin stripes in the paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Nice looking project. I'm in to see how you progress. I like what you've done so far.
Thank you!

----------------------------------

And spent the day yesterday cleaning up the shop and organizing. Reason? The body will be coming back off in the coming days. Time to work towards finishing up the firewall mods.

Couple thoughts/questions for you guys:

-I'm thinking of relocating the fuse box since the number of wires has gone down significantly since I will now have a wire feed in the trans tunnel for the engine harness. Have you guys done relocations? If so, where? A couple thoughts I've had are under the driver seat (saw this on a another build) and in the kick panel.

-Parking brake: I'm toying around with changing this to a parking brake handle on the floor next to the floor shifter. Any thoughts or experience moving the parking brake from the OEM location? Even if I keep the OEM foot brake, I make look to modifying the cable routing so it does not exit the firewall. Thoughts?

Thanks guys! I love the feedback.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote