View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 11:04 PM   #98
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Ok question for you guys ...

The fresh air vent cavities, there is no easy way to get into these areas on an assembled cab. I've noticed that over the years, these cavities collected a bunch of crap (like leaves and sticks and other stuff that falls into the cowl area) that got trapped because it was too big to exit through the water drainage holes. Plus, on the passenger side the water drain channel to prevent water from entering the OEM fan makes it impossible to get a hand down in there, and reaching around through the inside vent hole is near impossible.

So I really want to get in there and cleanup the rust and paint some POR-15 or something in there. Has anyone done anything like this on an already painted cab?

Here's my thought: cut out an access panel large enough to fit my hand and be able to get a wire brush/paint brush in there. The instead of welding the access panel back in, use dzus fasteners and a custom backer plate to create a removable access panel. What do you guys think?

I'd cut out an area shown by the red box:
Name:  FreshAirCavity.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  87.0 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote