View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #35
jocww

Re: Fatman, TCI, or Scotts IFS/Chassis on 49 AD

I cheated and ordered a complete chassis with air ride since I ordered the ride tech stuff already.
Evan sold me into doing the complete chassis instead of cutting up my frame even though its in pretty good condition. By the time I ordered front and rear kits, and boxed everything it would be about 2-3k difference, plus a lot of work in getting all the rust and grime off. A lot of money for sure, but then its done right, with a warranty, and I can hopefully finish it faster and spend more time with my dad driving it, as this is the whole point of the project. The unsuspecting thing is that it did cost more than the 3k spread I was thinking because of tax, and all the other things that we wanted. Mainly the air ride and having them do all the assembly, which in my mind 400 for them to assemble everything and get all the angles and rear end set up for the amount that I am already spending is small. I realize that I am going to have to take it all apart to paint it, but this way all I would have to do is count the threads, and take pictures to get it to where they had it instead of starting from scratch.
jocww is offline   Reply With Quote