View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #25
Cooper197

Re: Cooper's 1966 C-20 "Old Yell'r" - Picture Heavy

Well not much has happened in the last 9 months. The truck had stayed parked in a barn up at my folks place and finally a month ago I decided it was time to get it out, bring it down to Oregon and have some fun with it again.
Since then I've put a new aluminum radiator, thermostat, battery, voltage regulator and alternator in it.

A couple days ago, I was made a killer offer on a rare Jeep 5.9L that I had and ended up taking the money. So now I'm left with the truck as a daily driver, which it isn't perfect for.

I'd really like to have A/C, Power Steering, need the exhaust fixed, would love some more power and a T56 as well. After some talk with the guy who did my engine and has done some other work on my truck in the past, I've decided I'm going to take the money from my Jeep and just roll it into the truck.

Starting to order up some parts and June 1st I'm dropping it off and borrowing a rig from my parents for a month. When it comes back it should have 325hp, a few suspension issues worked out, A/C, power steering and a full exhaust system done.

Biggest question is if I can find a T56 within budget as well or not.

Either way, I'm excited to have some big changes and ultimately be able to enjoy the truck more than I have the last couple of years.
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote