View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 07:01 PM   #13
sevt_chevelle
Lost amongst the CORN

Ill voice my opinion since Ive seen both styles done in person. First thing NO mater what you do you HAVE no remove the upper body line on the new style box. It that doesnt fit anything on 67-72 trucks or 47-54 which Ive seen too and I just hate the look of this. They never remove the upper body line or modify the wheel well curves they just slap the box and forget at it. The thing looks like a after thought when you DONT take the time and modfiy the new stlye box to look like it should be on that style of truck. Ive seen some real sweet looking 49-53 chevys but when viewed from the back or side it looks like dog breath cause the guy installed a new box and did nothing to make it look like it belongs there.

The pic of the long bed box on the 67-72 looks like CRAP. Sorry but see it in person and you will know what I mean. The box sticks out, the front wheel well doesnt match the rear.

Now if I was going to do a new style box on a 67-72 it would be the step side box. Remove the upper body line and modify the wheel well to match the front. Or if I was really wanting something different buy some fiberglass rear fenders and mold them into place after removing the old rear fenders.

But in all reality I guess I would remove that glass box side, buy new steel short sides, weld them back on the step side box. Then mold steel 67-72 rear fenders on.

Anyway I just think if you slap that new bed on without changing a few things, its gonna look like SH$T, an afterthought

70 Chevelle gettin Sliced and Diced Anything But STOCK
70 Chevelle SS455 not a typo its a BUICK BABY
49 and 72 Chevy Trucks restored to original...close to it
Drommer Stor....Norwegian for Dream Big

http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/a...lle/?start=all

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47922830@N03/
Pictures of my work and projects
sevt_chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote