View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 12:53 AM   #785
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

spent some time working on the vintage air installation. the directions they sent are great. if your starting from scratch this would be great. however I'm starting from NOT scratch and trying to get this kit to mate up with another companies stuff. spent a great deal of time removing the incorrectly installed brackets from the last unit. the brackets had been welded in badly instead of using bolts. the bad welds worked in my favor as they were easier to remove than correct welds would have been. once all that crap was out I started following the directions from vintage. right off the bat I found I was missing my compressor bracket which I thought I had. I was also missing the hard lines from the condenser. I decided that instead of letting that stop me I would work around that as best I could. I got the defrost vents in which was straight forward. next they have you prep the evaporator for installation. that includes hooking up the a/c hoses. well without the compressor I cant route the hoses so I skipped that. I mocked up the evaporator brackets which wasn't easy because I have a smoothed firewall and none of the land marks they tell you to use are there. I was able to get it figured out and drilled the 4 or 5 holes they required. next I need to hang the evaporator on the bracket and drill a couple of holes for the additional bracketry, and start setting up the vents and controls. I will be able to get every part on the interior set up and mounted. once I get the compressor mounted I will have to remove the evaporator and install the two hoses and bolt it back up. the old holes for the heater and a/c hoses are in a different location than the new ones. once this is in I will have to make a block off plate.
Attached Images

evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote