View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 04:26 AM   #2952
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Marty's shop has certainly got even busier than last year.

Looking at what I saw in there and out front, this small shop is certainly turning out cars I would only dream of having.

Building them right is the ethos here.

Random pics........

Ford Bronco, full restoration.

While we were chatting to Marty and some of the others there Marty asked about my trip and Steve told him about the Challenger breaking down.
Without looking up from the Bronco he was working on, he just said "There is a Jeep out front, take it until your car is fixed, we can collect it where you leave it"
This has become part of my experience of America where I travel, people just being normal.
In fact, people just being like the way I grew up and how I guess I still am to a large extent.
Just that in the U.K. We have to be insured individually, unlike in the US where the car is insured, so driving anything, as long as it is with owners permission, is fine.

Said Jeep.

Another full body resto. New metal etc.

Sexy for sure.

Rear view

While we were there Doc was fitting and wiring a new dash and clocks to this magnificent beast.

Camera does not capture the quality of paint and finish.

Marty's signature colour......

Lingerie Red.

After Marty's place we had a few errands to run and then homeward to Steves place where I was sleeping over again.

Belinda made us ribs, fries and ran a rather awesome dinner for us.

Lulu was happy to have all at home too.

That concluded Thursday, and still no car.

Friday the gloves needed to come off as we needed to get back to St Louis for Dennis' party.

Steve had been invited too, and we were either going to be in the Toyota, or in a convoy with both cars.

Update later for this still along for the ride.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote