View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #13
Tigger

Re: The (first?) Chevy Diesel was a Dud?!?

Thanks for all the responses, This is the first I have ever heard positive about the Olds-Diesel. Up this way, all I have heard is bad news about the G.M diesel attempt, the grief. We all know that when your ride leaves you on the side of the road, or doesn't even get you there, sour tongues prevail.
Yes, I do have a funny problem, sitting on the fence deciding what to do with this beauty. The 350 rocket will dance when I put my toes into the fan, but I think I need reliability and some fuel savings more than anything. Also, working on cars through the day kinda leaves me with a dislike for working on my own vehicle. I just want to hop in and drive like the rest of us.
The Truck is not for show, just shows nice. And ofcourse it is parked for the winter. That's what they make Fords right? Winter Beaters.
My 74 GMC was a straight six and was much better on gas, and I used the Truck for the work it was meant to do. I had room for two sixes under the hood and had no problems once I climbed in for maintainence.
Just a side note, Don't drive an ex-Diesel with the Diesel emblems still on like I did. The first week I owned the truck , the gas bar attendant ignored my request for "Regular" and pumped the tank full of Diesel due to the "DIESEL" emblem that he passed on the Tailgate. I hear it is much worse when gas is pumped into the Diesel tank, I think I got away lucky with my first lesson

I too would rather drive this model of truck. People move out of the way when CHARLENE comes up behind them!!. Anybody remember Christine the Buick Roadmaster(I think). The previous owner tagged this truck as "Charlene the Chevrolet", her sister. It stays with the Truck!!!

Yes, there is a aroma of antifreeze misting out one of the tailpipes, the oil is still clean, but a head gasket is up on the to-do list. This is why I am thinking of an upgrade. A New GM driveline is very responsive also.

Rob Martel

Last edited by Tigger; 02-23-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote