View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #113
Maximus

Re: My Build - 1955 2nd Series Short Bed Stepside

Not a ton of work done today, early I tweaked my brake bracket a little, and thats really it. I decided that instead of work I would enjoy it. drove about 20 miles and loved every minute of it.
I hate to sound like a commercial, but I installed Sylvania Silverstar ultra headlights, the standard sealed beam bulbs, and love them!
I have the Silverstar bulbs in my BMW and Motorcycle, so when I saw the seal beams in silverstar brand I was quick to jump on them. They produce a very pure white light that allows me to see much more than the standard yellowey (its a new word...) light from cheaper headlights.

My only other issue is my dumb mistake from 6 years ago biting me in the butt. I installed the engine 6 years ago without touching the bottom end. Surprise, surprise... the rear main seal leaks... I'm gonna cross my fingers and throw some Lucas oil additive in tomorrow when I change the oil... darn.

anyways, here is a photo of the truck in the parking lot of a hardware store while i bought new bolts for my 1 1/4" sway bar.

P.S. Sorry Bam, but I LOVE the hump on these hoods!!! I just stared at the truck for a minute admiring the nice hump they come with haha
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote