View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
Revoh

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Factory Correct Restoration Thread

I don't know that I can add too much.

This is the original bed in my '63. The floor used to all be black, but obviously, the black has all faded away.

The headlight bezels on a '63 with a painted grill should have a black ring around the inside. No one ever seems to put that back, though. There's black paint behind the grill, too.

I don't know what you can get off of this, but it's pretty original in here. Someone added an aftermarket windshield washer bottle along the way. There are actually some faint chalk marks on the firewall, but you can't see them in this picture.

These are the original wheels with the original paint on my '63. They used these hubcaps from '61-'63. Usually, they were painted white like the grill. They don't make them aftermarket, so guys'll often put the '64-up type caps on the older models.

I guess that's not all that helpful, but those are a couple of the bigger things that don't seem to get put back on a lot of the restored trucks. I like theastronaut's thing about the interior color, too. Seems like interior panels and headliners are often painted body color on restored trucks, but I do usually think the stock fawn beige look goes a long way in making it look correct.

My car blog, for your reading pleasure.
Revoh is offline   Reply With Quote