View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #45
Tony_SS

Re: Going to look at a Tahoe. High miles-should I worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I only read down to the post about the cluster fix for 375, and I'm short on time but I just wanted to say I rebuild wrecks a nd late model trucks and suv's. It is common for the clusters to be screwed up but nowhere near 375 to fix. I have had about ten or so rebuilt and there is a guy in tn that does it for 65 bucks. That includes changing the 6 motors on the cluster and all of the bulbs as well. Asfar as labor to take it out it can be done with a few tools and not much mechaical ability, very simple it takes me about ten min. Now the motore you can get one from a wreck[they werte driving it when it wrecked] for less than a grand. I have bought loaded ones for 250 but that was a while ago when those were fairly new and were not selling
Yeah I think I found him on ebay... I asked him about my issue and he replied

Quote:
99% of the time in the 99-02 year model the fuel gauge problem is the fuel sending unit inside of the fuel tank going bad and not the actual gauge and yours definitely sounds like the fuel sending unit inside the tank because the gauge goes to empty and the fuel light comes on. If the fuel light didn't come on then it would be the actual gauge.
knightfalcon5 (on ebay)

He charges $35 plus shipping...

$375 is a ripoff. I'd ditch that mechanic too.
Tony_SS is offline   Reply With Quote