View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #46
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Re: Going to look at a Tahoe. High miles-should I worry

My last job required frequent trips to a business that was very close to a Chevrolet dealership. One day I noticed this truck sitting out front with a huge sign in the bed (he built a billboard basically on a wooden A frame inside the bed) that said DANNY BECK CHEVROLET ARE CROOKS AND RIPPED ME OFF. I actually pulled over and talked to the guy about it. He was probably in his mid 20's and you could tell he was just a poor farm boy type guy. He explained he saved his money and bought a used truck from this dealership (1 ton plain jane white truck, what this dealership is known for always having and selling to workforce type places). After a few weeks it had a problem getting hot and short story is he took it to a mechanic and they found the engine had a ton of some sort of stop leak put in it to try and fix a major problem.

Now I don't know if the dealership knew about it or did it, but they sold it to this poor guy and he was upset. For a few weeks I seen him sitting outside the dealership on the shoulder with the hood up and his big sign displayed. Then one day I noticed the truck was actually up in the parking lot by the service drive and the guy was taking the sign down. Seems they finally agreed to swap him trucks for another used one just to make him go away.

Bad press does not go over well for a legitimate business and they will do what it takes to make it go away. If you're already dealing with a crooked person/business though, about all you can do is drive through their front office window with the truck on fire.

That was a joke, please do not do that!
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote