View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 12:54 AM   #66
donthekawguy

Re: Going to look at a Tahoe. High miles-should I worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
Long overdue update:

When I last post I had said I would be changing the engine when I had the money together to do so. Well, that wasn't happening back then. I ended up using Head Gasket in a Bottle, a $60 miracle cure. I knew it was a temp fix but it held for a little over a year before letting go. I finally ended up with a junkyard engine with 101,000 miles on it with a 6 month warranty for $1800 including installation. So I have been able to keep it on the road but still haven't fixed the AC or the fuel gauge issue. I was never able to get anything out of the dealership except a threat of a lawsuit if I didn't stop my CL ads.
I would keep the CL ads going and part out front of the dealership just because they threatened to sue you. They have no grounds for a suit if you tell what happened. It's not slander if you tell the truth. Also if your not on their property you can put a big sign in the bed of your truck saying you got ripped off and park it right in front of the lot. Get a bullhorn and yell into it at all the customers that pull in. The cops will tell you to stop with the bullhorn but you can bug them for a while with it. I love when people say they are going to sue me (it happens about 4-5 times a week) because I know the laws when it comes to my line of work and the person saying they are going to sue is wrong 100% of the time.