View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
SCOTI

Re: Project Old Blue, 1965 C10, Rebuild Version 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Well this will be my very first build thread on here. It is my 1965 Chevy C10 that I have owned since I was 16. It was my first and I will always have it.

My Grandfather bought it used in March 1967 in Fredericksburg, TX. It was his only truck from then until he gave it to me for my 16th Birthday in 1983. I will try to find a picture of it from back then. Anyway I painted it an drove it to high school and part of college, then in 1990, I got carried away with a repaint and ended up doing a complete frame off. I finished it in 1992 and took it to the Waco Street Machine Mini-Nationals that year and won the Jeff Lea Memorial Award for Best Truck! Well I got married a few months later and we used the truck as my Daily Driver, about a month later it was vandalized and I was devistated. My wife wanted me to redo it, but the insureance was not enough and we did not have the money. It sat for a long time after that with NO attention. Life got in the way, I moved out of state for a job (took it with me), we had a first boy in 1997. In 1998, I started a remake of it and enjoyed it for a year or so, then the motor gave out....I moved back to Texas in 2000 and have not touched it since other than moving to each house we lived in (4 time since 2000).

I attended the Goodguys Show at TMS in October and got the bug to redo the truck with my sons (one is 12 the other is 8). We plan to drive it next year...

More to come later...Sorry this was long winded...
I remember that truck from the Waco show.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote