View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
Low Elco

Re: Boppa's old yeller truck

Ok, update time- got sick again midweek (really getting tired of that). Felt better Friday, so I blocked the whole cab with 180 and reprimed. Looks good, only a couple spots to deal with that'll prime up good. Wanted to get the bottom of the cab cleaned up before putting on the Al's Liner, but couldn't get an answer out of any sandblast companies. So, I noticed that I have a big mother of a compressor, so the heck with it, we spent the same $150 and bought a 40-pound sandblast setup from Harbor Freight. If you have the means, get one. It worked awesome. The Aluminum oxide worked great, but we went through it quick. Then I remembered I had actual blasting sand in the shed, so we filled 'er up and used the combo. Worked great and didn't go through it near as fast. Cleaned up and dragged it in and etch primed. It has a bunch of runs, but I had the air cut way down so as not to gas the 'hood, and it's all getting covered anyway. Here's the pics-

The overall setup- use the tarps, makes cleanup and reuse a LOT easier.
Name:  IMG_2117.jpg
Views: 6125
Size:  65.4 KB

The Owner getting some work done-
Name:  IMG_2123.jpg
Views: 6133
Size:  60.1 KB

Our loyal assistant and our new Rig-
Name:  IMG_2124.jpg
Views: 6111
Size:  70.2 KB

Wire brushing the easy to get at areas to save on sand-
Name:  IMG_2127.jpg
Views: 6125
Size:  49.0 KB

Etch Primed!
Name:  IMG_2129.jpg
Views: 6109
Size:  47.1 KB

Hope to get the bottomed seam sealed and the Al's put on this week. Lovin the awesome March weather!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote