View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
fabguy
Elev8r Man

Re: My Wife's 55.2 Carryall / Suburban build

Ok,
so everyone wanted to see some pics of the suburban so here it is:

I have since replaced the grill, bumper, with driver chrome pieces. Yes, those are the whitewalls I put on the truck, hers has the original 71 C10 wheels on it for right now, they arent too bad as I even have the center caps for them.
I will try to get some interior pics soon and of the engine compartment etc soon.

And this is what I picked up today for my wife's old suburban.

I SCORED on this baby, I believe it is just a dana36 although dont care as this burban won't be a race car and don't plan on driving a slalom with it. LOL and YES, I got the wheels as I couldn't find the key for the lugnutz so I had to buy them.
I have since took it by the car wash and pressure washed it ( didn't come out very good because of lack of pressure) down. It is sitting in the shop ready for when I finish my truck and get her back on the road.
I have to make a jig so I can shorten the frame 9" since it is a longbed frame that I picked up for it.
My wife was almost as happy as I was after I got it. She said once the kids get back in school she might head to the shop a couple hrs a week to scrub it down so it will be clean during install.

My wife has already picked a powdercoat color for the frame LMAO, she wants the frame a dark blue metallic powdercoat, and all the suspension parts polished up.

I told her it wont be easy for HER to polish it up once it is complete because she will have to lay under it to do it.

My F.B. project page.
fabguy is offline   Reply With Quote