View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
ohboy321

What is the thickness of door friction pads?

I have rebuilt my hinges and the last thing I need to do is repair my door friction pads. Through trial and error I was trying to get the hook on the arm to catch when in the open position (like in the picture), they ended up to thin, and were slipping at an angle and getting caught up when the hinge was is the closed position.

I have started over and glued in new pieces of brake pad that are ¼” thick. I have looked at better than a dozen threads on this subject, but haven’t been able to find one that mentions the overall thickness. The question has been asked several times but so far there hasn’t been any answers.

The best info I could find was on reply #120 on this thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=318544&page=5, but with the .210” brake pad thickness I couldn’t get the arm inserted.

Does anyone know the overall thickness of the reproduction replacements? If I understand the function correctly, the arm should slide over and catch the slot on the hinge when the door is opened.

Thanks.
Attached Images

ohboy321 is offline   Reply With Quote