View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
Malibu Monte

Re: Longterm 1972 K10 LWB Restoration/Maintenence Thread

In the winter of 2015-16 I guess I quit caring about what my bosses and neighbors thought and decided that the truck was more important. I bought some more practical 31x10.50x15's All terrains and some turbo style mufflers and started driving the truck again on a semi-regular basis throughout the winter. I parked it back at Dad's for the summer but change was in the air. We now had two small children and the house in town was getting small. We were able to sell the house in town and buy an old farmstead in the country. I decided that since I had a farmstead I needed a farm truck. Around the same time I had seen another 72 K10 around town that was semi gloss black with a white top and it motivated me to do the same to my truck. I hated to just spray paint on the truck with the condition of the cab and rockers, but sometimes a change in appearance can be a motivational factor. One thing I really got to start enjoying during this time is my children with the truck, they both absolutely adore it. We get to use it around the farm for picking up brush, cutting wood, hauling mulch etc. I also used the truck as a daily driver throughout the winter again. The one change I made for this upcoming winter is the seat. It has always had an incorrect seat in it and it had really gotten rough. I found a very nice parchment seat out of a 70 CST this summer and put it in the truck. This seat has made me fall in love with the truck all over again and make a promise to myself that it will finally get to some of the repairs that it needs. That is also part of the process that brought me back to this forum and start this thread.
Attached Images