View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
buffydores

Re: Blazer Bench - Need Seat Belt Solution

I can shed some light. I'll preface by saying that I'm not a practicing engineer and you should make all judgments regarding seatbelts outside of my recommendations.

I was over at Ssnakeoyl about three weeks ago. Sam Houston is the owner, and he's super nice and helpful. The hard part about these year model GM seatbelts are the plastic pieces. They've degraded over the past 40 years and are fragile.

Your best bet is to piece together a set of seat belts from car-parts.com using the whole year range (1973-1991). Most webbing is in good shape, even if dirty. Try to find the ones that are all metal buckles.

The really important pieces are the tall male pieces bolted next to the rear fenders (frequently they're compromised by being bent under the flip up rear bench), the tall female pieces bolted next to the front center console with the plastic sleeves that reach the buckle (hard to find these in good shape).

If you must have new webbing, gather them up, send them to Ssnakeoyl with a sample of your carpet or vinyl to help match things up. It's expensive, but right. They have a lot of colors, but for instance, my mandarin webbing does not exist on this planet.
buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote